Saturday, November 15, 2008

At work + "I'm Italian and Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is not speaking in my name"

A break from the Jakarta posts (to resume tomorrow).



Yes, dear friends, this is how I look like when I am working out of town. Inspecting trees, going to a hard-hat site, taking in the sights. I suppose you could say the real work happens when I get home.

Photos by Olet Ferrer

===


Of course, I'm not Italian. But they are. Talk about a shame campaign--except that the shamed ones are campaigning. And disgruntled Italians are not attractive. Do something, Berlusconi.
This website does not have political party affiliations. It is a spontaneous gathering of Italians that feel embarassement [sic]and indignation in being represented by Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi and his Government.

We believe that our representation in politics is a serious matter. It needs to be faced with rigour and seriousness.

Mr. Berlusconi, when you speak, you should represent the entire Italian population.

Mr. Berlusconi, It's time to quit the jokes.

If you are not Italian and felt insulted by one of Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi's ignorant and inappropriate jokes, please accept our apologies.
[http://www.notspeakinginmyname.com/]

I'm guessing this was inspired by the In My Name campaign a.k.a. White Band Action, the global call to action against poverty. Even on the net, one thing leads to another. Make that "especially on the net".

No comments:

Post a Comment