Monday, August 6, 2007

Nous nous appelons Amélie Poulain

A lovely trek that winds down the sloping streets of hilly Montmartre also took us to some film locations of Amélie, including the metro station, the grocer and the cafe. I was so happy that I gave our guide €10 as tip. I have to see the movie again!

Now all I need is Mathieu Kassovitz on a motorcycle...

bell tower sacre coeur a different angle 2 a different angle 1 au marche de la butte hop on! victory is mine montmartre apartments sacre coeur gargoyles the man who could wak through walls cafe des 2 moulins moulin rouge el molino a brick church in montmartre

5 comments:

  1. abby, you could ditch your master's thesis and just become a professional photographer. these are lovely pics! so jealous - first thing i'm gonna do when i get my green card is book my trip to europe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. am very flattered, nikki. imagine what i can do with a pro camera. but then anyone can be a photog nowadays. :)

    you must step on european soil at least once in your lifetime. it will inspire you to write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. speaking of, have you been writing at all? i'm afraid college had zapped the creativity out of me, and i haven't attempted ever since. i still write on my private journal but nothing awe-inspiring. i write for a living so it's gotten really mundane. maybe europe is the ticket...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i also had to write for work. freelance feature writing is always a possibility.

    will propose something to you involving writing, if a friend's plan goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome! let me know when it all falls into place.

    ReplyDelete