Sunday, August 19, 2007

Two more times: NPG

As an addendum to the previous post, I've also been to the National Portrait Gallery twice these past three weeks (I went there twice last year as well--hey, it's free).

While waiting to meet friends, I saw the BP Portrait Awards. I had gone to the website prior to the visit, which only affirmed my opinion about the winning pieces. There were three non-winning pieces that I liked and some winning pieces that I didn't. You can't please everyone, I know.

On the second visit, I just happened to pick up a watercolor set at the nearby art store, so I stepped in. I walked right into a talk at the Charles II room (#7), which includes the story of the monarch's mistresses, whose portraits are beside his.

Other ongoing exhibits at NPG: In the Making: Fashion and Advertising, Diana, Princess of Wales, and Artists and Sitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment