Friday, August 3, 2007

The great Gaudi

Although I knew about Gaudi and the Sagrada Familia, I wasn't exactly a fan before this trip. I thought he must be a madman to design such fancy, over the top buildings like that.

So we embarked on a Gaudi pilgrimage without a clue, only to be thoroughly impressed by the man's architectural genius. He was a true visionary, evidenced by his many creations in Barcelona, tourist attractions in their own right.

My favorite was the exhibit at Casa Mila, also known as La Pedrera. For the student price of €4.50, the trip to the roof with the audioguide was a steal.

Again haven't done any color correction, so sorry about the lighting. This goes for all the trip photos--the last time I'm apologizing for imperfection. :)
tower without a facetableaurestorersmirrorfruitysagrada detailla pedrerathe holy familyfrostingcasa milacasa battlopillarsceiling

No comments:

Post a Comment