Friday, October 5, 2007

The Kingdom UK premiere

odeon west end before the black carpet is unrolled
It's called Hollywood, my friend
Once again, Marian and I found ourselves wondering why we wait for hours just to get a glimpse of some well-paid people. (It just looks so lame on paper.) And yet we do it anyway, risking being clumped into the same category as the "professional" fans (we recognized some faces) and papparazzi. R joined us in front of Odeon West End, and so did S, but she couldn't get anywhere near us anymore, as the crowd was thick by 530pm.

and nobody notices the sky

The sky put on its own show, but nobody paid attention.

It's not red
Black carpet = vehicles are going to drop people off. No stretch limos, just fancy cars. A group of actors came together first, but nobody knew them, so people didn't bother. Then Jamie Foxx arrived and gave interviews. I managed to get his autograph, which looks like a weird squiggle to me.This is it!
At quarter to 7, Jennifer Garner stepped out of a Benz. She was beautiful and her dress was just as gorgeous. It's the kind of design that looks good even from behind because of the fancy cutouts and beadwork.

She passed us by very quickly and ignored my outstretched journal. Marian and R left me right after because they had to go elsewhere, but I stayed on, hoping something interesting would happen. And something did. Jennifer went past again, and I got her autograph. It makes me laugh now, but I thanked her out loud a bit too profusely.

jamie foxx and jennifer garner

Jamie came out again for photos with Jennifer. Then they went into the cinema and it was all over. I was satisfied.

I don't think I've seen any of Jamie's movies. Ah no. Miami Vice. Nope, not his best. I have to say that I enjoyed at least two of Jennifer's, 13 Going on 30 and Elektra. From the trailer of The Kingdom, it seems like an America-saves-the-world-from-terrorists kind of movie. But I could be wrong.

4 comments:

  1. ooooh! :-) abbs the celeb list is grooooowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can apply for a job at "Hello"

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ledz: making good use of my time here. hehehe!

    @p.: that's an option. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You indeed are one of the most active of audiences! Grabe na! We have to go to Elizabeth 2!!!

    ReplyDelete