Saturday, October 20, 2007

Backtrack: 3rd FAD Junior Awards

On a rainy Tuesday, I rushed from class to the V&A Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green for my first-ever (and possibly last if nobody gives me another chance) fashion show, the culminating event of a series of workshops run by Fashion Awareness Direct.

MAC makeup artists did the same blocked eye shape for all of us volunteer models, and there were three shades of lips depending on your outfit: red, pink or purple.

I thought I had enough hair on my head already, but no. With fifteen minutes to go before the show, the hairdresser piled on all the artificial hair they had on me (I was the last one they worked on out of 26 girls). Forty-two hairpins later, I looked like Medusa, but I felt fabulous.

When it was my turn to walk on the runway, I was surprised because the place was full, and it looked very professional with the lights and the photographers.

I look scared (above) though it appears as though I walk like a kanto boy. At least I know that Angelina Jolie lips will not work on me.

I went out as the music ended, unmindful of the people seated on either side of the catwalk. There was a bit of delay before the next track started, but since I was already in the middle, I kept on walking, hoping that my steps will sync with the music. I was still distracted with keeping up with the tempo, so I wasn't able to pose properly. Nah, that's just an excuse.

I cannot begin to tell you how much I loved the outfit I wore. It was designed by a Chinese student from Beijing. It's amazing to wear something made by a teenager. It's hard to appreciate the subtlety of the color from the photo but the gradient is lovely on the delicate fabric. After the show, many guests complimented the ensemble. If only the designer could hear them!Would have wanted to keep the hair for uni the next day, except I couldn't get out of the clothes. Oh well. Took the bus home with my housemate M, both of us still wearing the makeup. Wonder what the other passengers thought. I still have a bag full of hair for Halloween...

7 comments:

  1. hoy ganda! i love love luuuuuv it. astig! this one and the thai dance transformation. you really have that fab factor in you everyday, ya know.... but what's next kaya? surprise us again, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tenks, ate! i'd love to relive both experiences. pero kung papipiliin ako ng isa lang... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been such a great experience! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think we'll all get a chance to do something out-of-the-ordinary in our lifetime. :) hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! naks! sexy! great dress too. that's an awesome experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. salamat! kapal ng mukha lang ang puhunan, hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!!! ;-D supercool Abbs!

    ReplyDelete