Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The day of the windmills (and hay)


Mr & Mrs B have a passion for wordgames. They will not rest until they finish crosswords, even employing the help of stacks upon stacks of books just to fill all the clues in. They never got over the fact that I won over them in Scrabble though I said I was terrible at it--I was lucky enough to get the two blank tiles and was able to use all my tiles in the first round, giving me a 50-point bonus.


But other than wordgames, the Bs are also passionate about windmills. We went to see the 30 offshore wind turbines from the beach, the large turbine at Martham and the ten turbines on either side of the road. Mr B also took me to Morse's Wind Engine Park, where I met the wonderful Debra, who is doing the monumental work of restoring the windmills. We trooped to the white mill at Thurne, right on the banks of the river.


You would think that after Denmark and Holland, I would have had enough of windmills. But no. My appreciation for windmills has multiplied.

lonely tower clouds and turbines martham turbine and clouds post and bales

2 comments:

  1. Mr and Mrs B? Like Mr and Mrs X? :-D Its suddenly a thing, one-letter name codes. Or maybe I just started noticing it. So call me L? Hehe. The tamad in me is happy.

    Love your new header!! And huge congrats on the art show. You sold some paintings! Hooray!

    -L
    ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah, i'll stick to ledz. i guess i'm a bit more careful with people's names in case i put personal info.

    i just changed my header again, so that one of me walking at hampstead heath with a black dog coming my way is gone. i liked it, too.

    i don't know how many of my pieces were sold, but it's a good start. :) thanks for coming to the show!

    ReplyDelete