Sunday, May 27, 2007

If it were 12 degrees outside and drizzling, would you wear this?


You gotta admire their spirit in this weather.

Yesterday was Pinse Karneval in Copenhagen. Instead of a pre-Lenten carnival, the samba schools did it in time for Pentecost/Whit Sunday. 2000 dancers and musicians paraded through the main shopping street up to the City Hall.

Maybe it's no match for our Sinulog and bonggacious festivals (I wouldn't know, actually), but it was still a lot of fun. I found myself bobbing up and down to the beat while taking photographs. Since I haven't had my camera repaired (and maybe never will because talking to the other Pinays made me dread the Philippine postal system), half of my photos came out blurred, but there were still some decent enough to upload.


Created with Paul's flickrSLiDR.

No comments:

Post a Comment