Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Bornholm Day 3


If my back is turned to the camera, it's from Alex. If I'm facing front, it's from Xiangnan. :)
===============================================

I was walking into the cemetery of Øster Lars, wallowing teary-eyed on how incomplete I was without my digicam. (Ugh, drama.) Accepted Raymond's offer to borrow his camera and began to grin from ear to ear. Photo op at the rapeseed field (see yesterday's post). Some guy from a tourist bus said we had disturbed the mating frogs at the beach the day before. Eh?

A stop at Snogebæk, a touristy little town. Took a peek at one of the formations at one of the rock formations of Hellingdomsklipperne, then took a boat ride along the coast, where Bornholm folk imagined all sorts of animals that looked like the rocks. Speaking of rocks, our van hit a big rock, so we stayed a while at Hammershus. It was nice walking around the ruins of on top of the hill overlooking the sea. My camera miraculously cooperated for a few minutes, focusing only with zoom and macro enabled, then died again. With some van-pushing, we got to Døndalen to see the cascade. (I woldn't call it a waterfall.)

Had a huge Quadro Stagioni pizza for dinner at Sam's in Rønne before going to the harbor to board the ferry back to Køge. There were more people on the ferry, but I still occupied three seats with the sleeping bag spread across them. Slept three and a half hours because I woke up at quarter past one and was awake for two hours. Arrived in Trekroner at 7am. First thing I did? Looked at my photos and checked email. Ah, digital life.

No comments:

Post a Comment