Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Another RPG

Since mid-2008, I've been playing Perfect World, but I've been playing less and less as time goes by. Lately I've only been playing when when my mom (yes, that's right) does. Game envy it is. We used to have more than 20 levels separating our characters, but now she's Level 52 and I'm level 57. That's how delinquent I've been. I swear I will stop playing when she catches up. Really, who wants to get beaten by your mother in an online game?

There are a bunch of games my brother installed on our desktop, but I've largely ignored them. There's Call of Duty4: Modern Warfare, Command & Conquer Red Alert 3, Prototype, IL2-Sturmovik 1946, Silent Hunter 4. I've tried the previous incarnations of their franchises, but I didn't get hooked on GTA IV and The Sims 3. I only went through the tutorial of Sid Meier's Civilization 4 and decided it's not for me.


Last week, my brother bought the new award-winning role-playing game Dragon Age: Origins, so I have a new pastime. It helps that he's many levels ahead of me since I just started: we can talk about the story and I can ask for tips. I'm familiar with the older BioWare titles Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights, so it's not hard to get into Dragon Age. Now I have to figure out what dragons have to do with the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment