Thursday, August 17, 2006

Do I look like a gamer to you?

I was going to say that I used to play a few PC games, but when I started listing them down, "a few" seems too few. By PC games, I don't mean Diner Dash, Lemonade Tycoon or Tradewinds, but those that require CD installation and can be played alone.

My gaming history goes back to the time of the 486 PC, with the role-playing game Ultima VIII, which was complex for its time. I had high BP whenever I would play Ultima Underworld and Syndicate Plus--darkness and spies scared me. Maybe I'm braver now, because I got past these:


Warcraft III. Still my favorite. Love the lines the characters say.


Trevor Chan's Capitalism II. Master this and you can probably run a business.



Sid Meier's Pirates. Jolly swashbuckling fun. Then again, what does piracy have to do with dancing?



Rome:Total War. Turn-based. Always skipped the battles.


Rise of Legends. This is what I'm playing now. An improvement over the previous Rise of Nations games.


No One Lives Forever: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way. Only tried it out once (never got used to shoot-em-ups), but I watched my brother play it because it's so funny.


Neverwinter Nights. Weird game controls. Great concept art.



Need for Speed Underground. I hate driving, but if my ride looked this good, I'd probably reconsider. I prefer racing using the keyboard. Killer soundtrack.


Battle Realms. Very Japanese.



My mom and I got hooked on a MMORPG once, but only because it was in beta testing (read: free). MMORPGs are the online games people in Internet cafes play. Ma must have been the oldest ROSE Online player at the time. Perhaps killing fantasy creatures relieves stress.

I'm really no gamer. I always play in Easy mode.


Screenshots from IGN.com

4 comments:

  1. Actually ABBY, you dont look like a hardcore gamer. Pero I remember you talkin about Warcraft before. Sabi ko sa iyo, di ako puwede ng mga ganyan2 eh kasi hiluhin ako. Puwede sa akin siguro yung mga VIRTUA FIGHTeR, STREET FIGHTER, MARIO BROS., TIGER HELI...(*lol* ok, stop na at napaghahalata ang edad hahaha)

    So pa-game2 ka na lang diyan habang kami dito ay ipit sa deadlines?! O..o *paguilty* hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kimochi, i only play in the evening.

    my days at home are surprisingly full. can't say the same for some days at the office. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember playing warcraft for the first time...i got 3 allies and ako busy building my camp. sa katagalan ko mag-build, my allies attacked dour enemy and..that's the end of the game. hahaha!

    miss ko na mag-Sims! si francis naman Civilization...so pwede na rin kaya cya magtayo ng mala-roman empire?

    sige abby, magpakadalubhasa sa games!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i also played one of those roman empire games where you build you city from the ground up. challenging.never got into the sims, though i tried simcity 2000.ΓΌ

    i limit myself to five turns/scenarios a day, and when my brother comes home from work, i have to give way, so i'll never be an expert. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete