Sunday, August 13, 2006

Telly toughie


My parents getting hooked on Meteor Garden is one thing (they're into Jewel in the Palace now--yes, late adopters), but my brother watching Love of the Condor Heroes (!) is another. Just look at the messianic title. Then again, the production values of this Chinese series are excellent and--possibly the biggest come-on for my brother--the female lead is very pretty. The story has been remade several times in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore with the likes of Andy Lau and Fann Wong. Sounds like a definitive Asianovela.

Not that I have impeccable TV taste--the Idol shows are my guilty pleasure. It's just that we've never had cable and we rarely watch TV. From the limited fare, I'm happy to feed my mind with Deustch Welle's euromaxx and ARTS.21 on net25. Then there's Solar Entertainment's Prime Shift on RPN 9 and Japan Video Topics re-runs, a cut above much of regular programming, even if they've been looping for years on end.

2 comments:

  1. no I will not comment on this. I am not an asianovela addict. I do not know 'METEOR GARDEN' nor 'JEWEL IN THE PALACE' nor 'LOVE OF THE CONDOR HEROES'

    *KULOG!!!* XD

    I think your bro's motivation is same as mine... only i go for beautiful guys and by beautiful guys, you exactly know who I mean *wink* hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. cindy, wag ka ng maging denial queen hahaha :) asianovelas are my recent addiction too, erasmusa--check out "it started with a kiss" and "goong/princess hours" (although goong isn't available in the philippines yet, so just borrow my copy). i have to say though that the pinoy dubbed version of ISWAK is hilarious--patawa 'yung translation ng mga names nila! :P

    i heard they're currently filming "return of the condor heroes" in china (produced by taiwan) right now. the female lead is ariel lin, star of ISWAK :)

    ReplyDelete