Friday, June 27, 2008

Return of the gamer girls

Initially, I wanted to play a cute MMORPG that's combat-oriented but not violently scary. But because the game clients of my first two choices wouldn't download, I ended up in Perfect World.




These are my girls--Rain, Rina, Rian and Rani--as they appeared at birth (level 1) last month. Funny that even in a world where you can be anybody you want to be, I'd still want to look like myself (I tried, guess which one). But I went wild with the others, just for kicks.

My mom saw me playing and exclaimed "Gusto ko rin niyan!" (I want that, too!) She's a Yu Mang names huntrees (not a typo) with the biggest physics-defying hammer you've ever seen. Then we couldn't find the flying hotkey so I suggested that she start over (only to find the hotkey later). She named her second character Ulster, after the Uni of Ulster, which is printed on our mousepad. I get stressed watching her play because I end up reprimanding her.

Two things are not so perfect about PW: one, you're always called young man even if your character is female, and two, the camera control is tricky. There ought to be a camera lock somewhere. Other than those two, is it really a perfect world? I don't think that's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment