Monday, October 27, 2008

Neverwinter Nights 2 + World in Conflict


This old RPG (2006) was installed on the our desktop last week. Somehow it feels older than the first Neverwinter Nights and Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. I'm still getting accustomed to the interface. The camera view is tricky.

My limited knowledge of the D&D skill set forces me to use the Recommend function every time I level up. My paladin is named Kira Welter (thanks for that, randomizer).

I'm finding turn-based attacks slow. Plus there's so much dialogue, I get bored. I don't think I have to patience to make it through even half of the game. I don't even know how I'll get past this particular locked door (above) in Eyegouger Lair Lever 2. Not even Thieves' Tools work. I need my rogue back!

NVN2
has a rating of 8.5 from IGN.com, with graphics and presentation its weaker points. It's a step down from the 9.0 and 9.4 of NVN and BG2:SoA, that's for sure.


My brother is playing World in Conflict (2007), a real-time tactical wargame set in 1989. He calls the game realistic and thinks it could have happened. Instead of the Soviet Union collapsing, they attack Western Europe and the United States. My brother likes that the soldier have character, that they are individuals and not the robotic soldiers of other games.

No comments:

Post a Comment