Saturday, March 24, 2007

Pinoys at central station


Can it possibly get more Pinoy than this?

While I was waiting for Manong Tony at København Hovedbanegården, I was approached by two Pinay Jehovah's Witnesses who talked to me about global warming, which is the topic of the group project I'm working on. (Incidentally, two JW also knocked on my door a few weeks ago.) Manong's wife used to be a JW, so he recognized the Pinays. I got the biko I ordered from him when Kristine and Mariel arrived. It happened that Kristine wants to eat biko. Ah, the two degrees of separation.

Mariel (right) and Kristine (left) are Erasmus Mundus students taking up Lifelong Learning at the Danish Pedagogical University. They've been traveling a lot around Europe (Mariel's going to Madrid today, for example). They invited me to go with them to Hungary end-May. I heard Budapest is beautiful, but then I need a visa to go there. Hmmm.