Thursday, March 8, 2007

Legendary leggings


As far as photographic records show, I wore leggings in fifth grade, for the weird butterfly dance we had to perform for field demo day at school. At that time, leggings were already the height of kabaduyan--totally uncool.

I started using leggings again when I first traveled abroad with my mom and it's been a trip tradition ever since.

When leggings became fashionable last year, I was thinking, no one in Manila would take it seriously, even if the fashion editors were all for it. But then, there's diffusion of innovation. It was only a matter of time.

I brought a total of five leggings with me here: one pair I've had for 10 years, two thermal pairs and two pairs (similar to the ones above) from Landmark. They've been very useful, especially in negative temps when you really need two pairs under your jeans.

One day, I'll laugh at myself for posting this. It's only a matter of time.

Images from shopbop

No comments:

Post a Comment