Tuesday, December 11, 2007

News from the pink carpet

"Dirty Dancing pink," the lady in front of me called it. A right shade for the weather. It was really chilly at the St Trinian's world premiere at Empire Leicester Square, my last for the year. For an hour I endured the pushing of the man beside me. He was tall and had his arms crossed over his chest such that his elbows rested on top of my shoulder. I did say "please don't push", but that didn't work. Fortunately, the woman in front of me left (she had tickets) and I got a spot up front.


Lots of pretty young actresses (the film's stars) I don't know. Rupert Everett looks different with a shaved head. Colin Firth was nice enough to reach out and scribble his autograph on my journal. He even apologized to the girl next to me. "Sorry, it's a mess," he said. The shot is pretty unflattering, though.

Apparently Rupert Brand has the most fans. He got the most screams and two streaker lads even jumped the barrier to pose with him. They were promptly dispatched by security. Jesse Metcalfe literally breezed through everyone. So did Rachel Stevens. Trinny made another late arrival.

Passed by the (real) perya at Leicester Square. It doesn't belong there.

On the way home, this cab passed me by.

3 comments:

  1. dammit Abbs, Colin Firth AND Rupert Everett?? sooo jealous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jme & ledz: if there's one thing i've learned from going to these things, it's that stars are people, too. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete