Monday, December 3, 2007

London Bridge to Shad Thames

A Saturday afternoon walk. Proof that you don't have to go far on foot to see a lot in this city.

One Erasmus that will always be in London. But as for me, I've got two weeks left.


There's the Reuters Sport in the 21st Century photo exhibit outside City Hall. Then there's the European Christmas market at Potter's Fields a few paces away. They tried to look German, with bratwurst, flammkuchen and beer. But the sweets...!






A little way east at Tower Bridge Piazza, I found Antony Donaldson's bronze fountain sculpture Waterfall (1991). It-she-they spoke to me. Everything about the sculpture resonated somewhere. The ballet slippers, the recorder, the books, the camera, the watercolor set and brushes. It was as if somebody froze my life right now.


Is she me?

But I'm a Canon girl


2 comments:

  1. I cant believe you are leaving! On your whistlestop tours of London you have to come and see me! There are lots of things to photograph in Tooting too :-) And I can make you pizza!
    ceci
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh, ceci. i know i've been saying this, but i do hope i can visit you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete