Thursday, December 20, 2007

In fog and frost

The goal in returning to Derbyshire was to see the view from Stanage Edge. Remember this scene from Pride & Prejudice? This was it.

But noooooooooo...
Presenting the abominable snowgirl, looking very Dickensian in Viv's hat and scarf (she took the images above while waiting for me in the car), a tramp walking over frosted moorland in below-zero conditions, visibility below 20m. I was scared of losing my way in the dull heather. My clues: frozen puddles and sheep droppings. When I reached the rocky path going up, it was too slippery and I couldn't see ahead, so I turned back.

It was still a very good visit. My hostess picked up a couple of Christmas trees and we had a potluck dinner with her friends that turned out quite well. I practiced clicking indoors.
the chair outdoors the chair indoors flowers
hanging jewels christmas clothes pegs pegs

1 comment: