Sunday, March 8, 2009

...always an Assumptionista + International Women's Day

Ms L invited me to be one of the judges for the annual speechfest of the seniors in my high school. And I had no reason to decline. As you can see in this post, I still look back on my time there fondly. The only strange thing about commuting to that school on the hill is having to leave an ID at the school gate.

Sir L had a short chat with me on the way to the admin building. Knowing people like him exist makes you feel hopeful in the future of humankind. Really.

Sr L (yes, it's the day of L's) and the Family Council president were also judges. All the finalists were good, but the winners really stood out.

I'm excited for the seniors and their journey through college. Watching a slideshow of their class photos made me sentimental, though I did not know any of them. I wish I could could them that I was in their shoes nine years ago and I hope they'll make the most of these last weeks together. They'll be in touch, of course, but it will never be the same. But one thing is true: you're an Assumptionista for life.

===

It's International Women's Day. I have nothing much to say, so I'll just quote my mentor: "Strong women are not [flexes biceps]. Strong women are intelligent and principled."

Long live strong women everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment