Wednesday, March 18, 2009

South by Southwest 2009


I'm so excited about what I'm doing right now that there's nowhere else I'd rather be than at home, painting. Except for one place: Austin, Texas for SXSW '09. My heroes are there: Jenkins, Lessig, boyd. Plus geek gods and goddesses Clay Shirky, Guy Kawasaki, Felicia Day, Gina Trapani, Jonathan Zittrain...

There's great music from Ani DiFranco to Yo La Tengo, Amy Winehouse to The White Stripes, BEP to NERD to REM. And hundreds of films like this one:



Of course they're not all like that. I Love You, Man and Observe and Report have their world premieres here. (Odd bunch, eh?). Throw in 500 Days of Summer, Sin Nombre and Passing Strange, and you know this is no ordinary festival.

But if none of these excites you or even sounds familiar to you, that's ok. But if you were there, you'd have the time of your life. I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment