Sunday, August 10, 2008

Masjid Jamek and Dataran Merdeka


What was the first thing we did on our first visit to a Muslim country? Visit a mosque. Donning a robe and headscarf doesn't quite put you in the shoes of half the female population in Malaysia, but it's still an interesting experience.


Masjid Jamek, built in 1909, is Kuala Lumpur's oldest surviving mosque.



No visit to KL is complete without passing through Merdeka (Freedom) Square, where Malaysia's independence was proclaimed on August 31, 1957.

Elsewhere in the area...

sin seng nam shophouses
bazar islamic inspiration

2 comments:

  1. You seriously need to teach me how to take better pictures with my camera. I have a 10 MP camera too, obviously I'm just useless at using it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the megapixels aren't a measure of image quality (my cam is 6MP). i could give you a long list of tips, but to keep this short, take more photos. :)

    ReplyDelete