Tuesday, July 1, 2008

In the Heights OBC


I will admit it: the opinion leader when it comes to soundtracks is my brother. When he loves a song, I start to love it too because he keeps playing it over and over. When I heard that In the Heights won Best Musical in the recent Tonys, I asked him to find me the cast recording. "I've only heard two songs, but I like it already," he said. Latino Rent, he called it. A song with numbers, a character named Benny, many people with dreams. You get the picture.

Composer Lin-Manuel Miranda is reported to have made a Filipino song for Marie-France Arcilla in the reworking of, er, Stephen Schwartz's Working. I think it's exciting news because one, it's in our language, and two, I've always liked Marnie. Yes, since her Ang TV, A Date with Jao Mapa and Twelfth Night days (hindi ko raw sinundan ang career niya, no?).

No comments:

Post a Comment