Monday, July 7, 2008

Saturday art stroll

A quick but pleasant walk along the Megamall art corridor.

The Crucible Gallery organized Homage to Malang at the Art Center. I was too fascinated with the on-the-spot still life session by The Saturday Group that I failed to jot down the artworks I liked most. The session had six women artists (or perhaps one or two more), which made me happy. It's not even one-fourth of the total number, but it was a better ratio than the last sitting I saw. There was a lot of bread to paint and to eat, courtesy of The French Baker. Mental note: muffins are better eaten than painted.

Pacing down the hallway, the gallery that sucked me in for all of two seconds in was the big & small art co., which had Froilan Calayag's Here Comes the Black Clouds [sic]. Whimsical and dark. Or maybe if I wasn't in such a hurry, I'd stay longer and say more.

No comments:

Post a Comment