Thursday, July 10, 2008

Media Heroes + An observation :)

Hurray for Robert McChesney, CTW and Indymedia for being named Media Heroes by Reclaim the Media! There must be more new media heroes waiting in the wings. And while you think of a media hero to nominate, scan their reading list of interesting titles.

[via Boing Boing]


In the last couple of weeks, I've received an unusual number of compliments from friends of different genders, supermarket baggers and security personnel. My favorite moment was what the cafeteria server said after he nearly gave me french fries with salad when I asked for half rice and mixed veg: "Sorry, ma'am. Natulala lang sa iyong kagandahan." (Lame excuse? He certainly looked like he won some kind of jackpot when he was preparing the food.) Then I realized that the song from Annie is true: you're never fully dressed without a smile. Don't leave home without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment