Tuesday, September 11, 2007

L'Engle's last wrinkle

"Madeleine L'Engle wrote children's books that were too complicated for grown-ups. I'll miss her."

That's how Lauren Snyder opens her obit for writer Madeleine L'Engle on Salon. And she's right. L'Engle's works sitting on my bookshelf back in our Antipolo home are not comparable to Harry Potter. L'Engle knew kids like me. Growing up, I was Meg Murry.

So instead of reading a banned book, I'll have an irreverent send-off. L'Engle would be proud.

Eloi Brunelle:"Da Quest"

2 comments:

  1. "Growing up, I was Meg Murry."

    That's odd. Growing up, I was Meg too! Hehe! :) Seriously, A Wrinkle in Time is one of my all-time faves! I even delivered a speech from there for English class. Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ayayay! we are on a shared quest to find calvin o'keefe ;)

    ReplyDelete