Monday, September 3, 2007

Journey to the Centre of the Earth, part 2


Listening to recordings on a Discman, we went one station north on the Jubilee line, to London Bridge. Core, volcanic images made out of food, envelops the tunnels connecting the Jubilee and Northern lines.

Picking out an object out of a bag, we got nature's idea of special packaging: a peanut. At the entrance of London Bridge station, Intra, made up of the images of peanuts welcome the commuter into and out of Borough Market.

We walked in at lunch hour (as I had done the week before), so it was pretty busy. At a stall, we tasted paper-thin parma ham (3 years in the making) and mozzarella from buffalo milk (8 hours in the making). I prefer kesong puti. We went into a cafe where Harry Potter 3 was filmed (they didn't say which part).

Jonathan demonstrated how to make Creme Chantilly, then we tasted it spread over brownies. I still got the Flour Power brownies afterwards, but didn't think they were worth the hype.

Wandering on my own, I was curious why Brindisa had long queues, so I had one of their chorizo, rocket and red bell pepper sandwiches made in ten seconds. Simple fare. Makes me wonder if the appeal is because of the good-looking sandwich makers. For dessert, I grabbed a fruit cup, 10p cheaper than Tesco.

No comments:

Post a Comment