Friday, April 27, 2007

Passing by


I was curious to know what was inside Complet, so I popped in a couple of hours after they opened and got two small pastries for free. I was asking how much the pastries were and it took a while for me to understand that it was free. Ah, it is possible to get lost in translation even in English.

===================================================

Two men from Jehovah's Witnesses rang my doorbell today. As soon as I saw them, I said "not again" quite audibly. You see, this is the third time. First was the pair of lovely girls I talked about in a previous post. Then the two Pinay JVs at the train station who discussed global warming with me while I waited for Mang Tony's biko and the Copenhagen Pinays.

I very politely told the men that I'm sorry and sincerely wished them a good day. Funny how lovely weather gets you in the mood to talk about God.

No comments:

Post a Comment