Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Passing through Paris


After going through tight security checks at Heathrow, I flew to Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris and took the Air France bus to Gare de Lyon to catch the TGV to Dijon. In Paris, these are the things I noticed:
-beso-beso is also practiced man-to-man (and always both cheeks)
-the French bring their dogs everywhere
-aside from dog poo, you have to watch out for chewing gum (I stepped on gum twice during my entire stay)
-there is so much graffiti on public structures (walls, trains, tunnels)
-going to the WC (CR) is a privilege one has to pay dearly for

It was a good thing that I had planned every step of the journey. It would have been nerve-wracking to figure out the transfers. Knowing some French is a tremendous help, especially when it comes to understanding directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment