Friday, September 8, 2006

Numbalikdiwa


Three years ago, my blockmate Bob asked me if I wanted to act in a short film for Quark's class. It was a dramatic thriller. I read the script, liked it, and said yes. (A few days before the shoot, he said it was too complex given the time frame and made it into a musical comedy instead. But that's a different story.) When we finally shot it, I was only too happy to be in the same frame as Ronnie Lazaro and Racquel Villavicencio.

Last year, Bob e-mailed me and other friends the script for a feature film. It was a dramatic thriller, but probably more Asian horror than any other genre. I read the script, liked it, and gave him my comments. When I sat with the core production team during their first pre-prod, I was at a loss how to help them get money for this indie. Months later, when Bob called me up, I was only too happy to hear the good news...

Numbalikdiwa, starring Maricel Soriano, Albert Martinez, Ping Medina, Meryll Soriano, and Estrella Kuenzler premieres in October. (note: trailer above not final yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment