Thursday, July 5, 2007

Shift #2

The first two hours of the shift yesterday went by really quickly. Fireguard on K1 (the muddiest area) with Mikkel, then toilet shift. No, I didn't have to clean the toilet, just put toilet paper in the boxes in the portalets. It was better than I thought. But then, halfway through the shift, it started to rain and it became quite disgusting, ankle deep in mud, going from toilet to toilet. Quite a number of girls have resorted to peeing on the grass. It's that bad.

After I had had enough of toilets (around 9pm, when we saw Jörg, who took this pic), I collected litter with Jade. Though we had those tools to pick up the trash with, it was still pretty messy because the ground was wet and most of the things we picked up were dripping.

A drunk guy approached us. I didn't quite get whether he was asking if we like dance or Danes, but he made some funny move, so we got it: he meant dance. "You like garbage?" We didn't answer. "So I will dance alone?" Sorry, man, but we do prefer garbage over you.

An even more drunk (more likely drugged) guy talked to us about how beautiful the red sky was (it really was). We didn't respond. "You can't say anything because it's that beautiful." True. "I'm having trouble with this beer case," he said, referring to the empty box for beer cans that he was kicking around. Then one of his mates came around and took him away.

I meant to stay the night at camp, but I felt too dirty after having entered 20-something toilets, so I went back to Trekroner on the overpriced festival bus (20kr) to the station.

Spotted on a tent: I wish my lawn were emo so that it could cut itself
Spotted on a shirt: I'm not as think as you drunk I am

No comments:

Post a Comment