Monday, July 9, 2007

Roskilde Festival Day 4


Rule Britannia! The English ruled Orange stage on the last glorious day of the festival. It was sunny--the perfect contrast to the damp beginning of the festival.

The Arctic Monkeys played the perfect tunes for a bright, dusty day. The lads looked fresh, as Alex described them." Are you having fun? Of course you are. Splendid." The music was so clear

I must have been hiding under quite a large rock because Muse was not familiar to me. For some reason, I had not heard of them in the Philippines. But yesterday, listening to them, it surprised me that I actually knew their songs. Now I'm a convert. Frontman Matthew Bellamy doesn't look 29 at all. Fun fun fun: the giant white balloons that were rolled out from the stage to the audience.

Capping the night (for me at least) were Basement Jaxx, who made me dance and not feel silly though I was alone. Wearing the tackiest of dance band costumes, the vocalists kept changing outfits as if they were in a dressing room. Too bad I had to do a Cinderella (the last train was at 00.13), but I saw the fireworks from Entrance East, a terrific dot to end the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment