Friday, July 6, 2007

Legends at the festival


This is about as much as I can put without infringing on anyone's copyright. Longer clip available on request.

Three legends of Roskilde: the rain, John Legend and Björk.

It rained nonstop yesterday. What a way to start the music. It seemed that the 210 bus was not coming, so I walked down Køgevej. But then it did come 20 minutes later. And for the first time, there's traffic in Roskilde!

On the way to the tent, I discovered that there was a hole in my left boot. Good thing I had duct tape. I caught the last part of the Arcade Fire set at Arena, standing at the fringe, wishing I were taller. Waited an hour for John Legend and had a good spot in the pit. The man is talented, sexy and confident.

Instead of going directly to Orange, where Björk was about to play at 2200, I got myself a frikadellerburger (expensive). Björk is legendary, but not always for her music (her swan Oscar dress, for example). Her version of "It's Oh So Quiet" remains one of my favorites vids. Since I had seen videos of Björk promoting her Volta album, the sight of her in spandex and her colorful girl band was not new to me. I like her voice - it's so pure - but half the time I was thinking whether it was worth standing in the rain, wind and mud with thousands of people.

Set off to check out the other stages, only to find that my other boot had holes as well (so much for cheap) while wading in muddy rainwater. Irritated (the sound of Mastodon playing from a distance fit my mood perfectly), I decided to go home instead of waking up to squishy boots. There were many people waiting for the bus, so I walked back to the station. I'm sure I'm not the only one with wet feet.

The klippekort machines don't work, the train was packed. Ah, festival life.

News from the official RF site as of today:
Facts about the weather at Roskilde Festival

61yo volunteer DOA at Roskilde Hospital
Various Production and Mustasch replace Mika and Cold War Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment