Monday, July 2, 2007

A Pinay at the Parliament


Created with Paul's flickrSLiDR.

No, I do not claim to be European. But I was given the chance to join hundreds of young European journalists and for that, I am very grateful.

I must confess that I am not well-versed in European issues. Before coming to the European Parliament, I didn't even know what MEP stood for (sorry!).

Congratulations to the organizing team headed by Maximilian Kall (the German Ashton Kutcher--just kidding!) and Christoph Fahle (the German... I have to think about this). You guys should be proud of yourselves for making all the pieces fit nicely.

While there is no such thing as a perfect event (did you hear about the encounter with the police and the intriguing incident involving one participant who was sent home for, to put it mildly, misconduct?), it was a good start.

Creating media in 24 hours is ambitious, but we were able to produce output in the nick of time. I did get sad that my article did not see print. Not sure if it's because the layout was late or the printer could not run all the pages. I'm still proud of what we did. :)

Thank you to everyone who made me feel less of an outsider. Hope to hear from or about you, and watch, listen to or read your work soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment