Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The web loves karaoke (and I do too)

I'm sure there are lots of ways to have karaoke online, but none of them are as slick and Web 2.0 as SingShot. Ok, maybe kSolo is pretty close.

My voice is not powerful to begin with, and I don't have an external mic, so I have to lean forward because the mic is below the screen, which makes me cross-eyed when I'm reading the lyrics. Ah, well.

A number of times during playback of the other recordings, my voice is completely out of synch with the accompaniment, I'm not sure why. I suspect that the recordings are separate from the music track and then they don't quite match.

I got so hooked that I was late for the last lunch with the Danish classes even though I prepared the simplest food I could think of: frikadeller and mushrooms.

I'm scared that my neighbor and the passersby will hear me, so no belting for now. Maybe I should wait until my neighbor walks her dog. Whitney and Kelly, we'll have our day.

This was my first, somewhat-off-tempo-in-the-chorus attempt at 9am yesterday, so please forgive the way I sound. I set all my recordings (five as of last night) to private, but if you think you can endure them, email me and I'll send you the links.

Listen if you dare.


[via Queer Chef]

4 comments:

  1. *standing ovation*
    i don't think i'll ever have the courage to post my song on the web
    bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. danke schön!

    it takes real guts, hehe. i hope i never regret it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw you sounded very nice!

    ReplyDelete