Thursday, April 29, 2010

Spring cleaning

Every year, I do a bit of spring cleaning, usually removing clothes I haven't worn in years from my closet. This year's process is much more tedious, in part because of Ondoy, which half-ruined our wooden floor (it was wet for days because everyone going to the second floor from the flooded first floor brought up quite a bit of water). The varnish had to be stripped and reapplied. This meant moving things out of rooms and reassessing what possessions are really needed. I've thrown out more than a balikbayan box's worth of stuff so far (I've been at it for an hour or two every day for the past week). Think unused keychains, books, old uniforms, toys, bric-a-brac, and souvenirs.

My eyes watered when I saw my stuffed toys. My childhood! In a box! I knew all those plush animals well, but there are children out there who could love them more. And I thought I wasn't sentimental.

Un-sentimental enough to give them away, maybe. But I left Patty and this one behind. Say hi to my studio mascot, Palette Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment