Saturday, April 4, 2009

Uncommon Sense


It is an honor for me to have one of my pieces included in the exhibit trauma, interrupted, too at the Cultural Center of the Philippines. It was also a productive experience for me and my mom to jam with Ann Wizer and the women of the Invisible Institute, crocheting plastic bags into a collaborative artwork at the opening reception. Crocheting makes it very difficult to focus on looking at art!

I'm happy to have my work placed beside Rodel Tapaya's, as his paintings are always interesting. The most striking piece for me is Jing Turalba's bullet armor accompanied by the video of her wearing it around Manila and Berlin. Beyond any artist statement, the reactions of onlookers show how powerful the work is.

Hope you can come to CCP even if you've seen Rurok. The venue and the theme of the show makes quite a difference in the way you see the artworks.

[read more]

No comments:

Post a Comment