Sunday, April 26, 2009

From Susan to Sasha and everyone else in between

Henry Jenkins weighs in on the Susan Boyle phenom with this great post about spreadability. A good read for students and observers of social media.

On the other end of the spectrum (at least in terms of style) is Sasha Manuel, whose blog Style Manila is one of my daily reads. I saw Sasha outside a hotel after attending a friend's wedding (more on that tomorrow) and couldn't resist being a fangirl. My two attempts at taking our picture failed, which only means I need to practice taking photos of me with other people. Fortunately, she had a friend (who also just got married--belated congrats, if you get to read this) to help us out. Yay!


I don't think I went too far. When you follow a person's blog, that blogger is an opinion leader who can be as influential as a Hollywood celeb.

Who's the everyone else in between in the post title? I'm part of that, I think. Being beside Sasha, I suddenly felt conscious about my makeup (or lack of it: no eyeshadow!) and my dated gown, but I think Sasha would agree that fashion is about feeling good about what you wear and I certainly love my floor-length formal dress even if it's years old already.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Abby! It was fantastic meeting you, too. Don't be a stranger, ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got bloggerstruck. i'm sure you understand :) will comment more often. thanks again, sasha!

    ReplyDelete