Thursday, April 30, 2009

17 Again


I know I'm a decade too old for 17 Again, but here are the two reasons why I watched it:

1) Bob recommended it. He said the writing is good.
2) My mom wanted to see Zac Efron. She said she had never seen him. (She did not notice him in Hairspray.)

Without comparing the film to Big or Never Been Kissed, I can only say three things:
1) Zac Efron can make me cry. But he will always be Zac Efron, no matter how he acts. Ditto Matthew Perry.
2) Michelle Trachtenberg, it must be hard to cry over and over. How many takes did it take? You're visibly tired in that scene. Don't worry, I know the feeling.
3) The message I got from the movie is (and I'm sure it's not the only one): life is not all about you. That's what growing up is about (but certainly not what it's all about). This ought to be recommended viewing for some guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment