Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Harrods


So Hee, who is Korean and studying at Instituto Maragoni, arrived in London last week. She studied in Milan last year and she found it quite a change. I offered to take her around to see a few sights before her classes start. We went to museums and to Harrods, where we talked fashion while passing by clothes by all the major designers (I didn't dare touch the clothes lest I damage them in any way).

The sandwiches at Harrods102 are remarkably affordable. I had to squeeze myself into the bar beside Krispy Kreme to eat them, though.

We went to Selfridges on Oxford Street afterwards to look at more of Chanel, Prada, Gucci et al. In other words, I just admired things I don't think I will ever buy in my lifetime. Hey, looking is free.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Haven't said congratulations yet... and so.. much belated congratulations! These are obviously really exciting times for you and judging from your entries, you're really making the most of it. Your blog concept is just great I think. Moreover, I think your outlook in all this is tremendously admirable. Best of luck in everything over there!

    Sorry if it took me so much time to reply. I've been going in and out of hibernation.

    Hope to read from you more, and maybe see you again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i'm slowly getting out of tourist mode and staying home doing school work more often, so i have to think of other things to post.

    hope to hear from you more often in your blog. i'm sure that you have a lot more to say. it would be good for people back home to know more about your experiences, half a world away. :)

    ReplyDelete