Tuesday, May 12, 2009

La Môme (La Vie En Rose)


When La Môme was shown at Cine Europa, my mom had nothing but praise for the film. She said the audience stood up to applaud when it ended. Marion Cotillard is truly unbelievable and deserving of the Best Actress Oscar. This is the role of a lifetime. Her performance did not remind me of Ma Vie En L'Air. I feel the movie could be more powerful, but maybe I was doing too many other things while watching. The one-take in the apartment is a great actor's piece. The back-and-forth storytelling confuses me, but it's still close enough to her Wikipedia bio.
Reporter: Are you afraid of death?
Edith: Less than solitude
Reporter: Do you pray?
Edith: Yes, because I believe in love.
Catch the movie at the free screening at the Alliance Ondeo Auditorium tomorrow (the 13th) at 830pm. [via Artpipe]

No comments:

Post a Comment