Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Proposal on ice

Three days to go before the Day of Hearts. I am not counting down the days.

Last Saturday, while shopping at Megamall, I heard the loudest screams from the ice skating rink and saw the fake snow falling. I overheard the salesladies at one of the shops talking about what happened. Turns out Lifehouse's "You and Me" was playing and a guy went on his knees to propose to a girl, causing everyone at the rink to scream. I passed this on to my mom, who was thinking what would happen if the girl said no. Remember the guy who got rejected after proposing at a basketball game? Bad scenario. So guys, you better be sure of the answer.

Later that night, I asked my brother where he was earlier in the day. "Skating rink," he said. I asked if he saw the proposal. "I took the video."

He was in on the plan (the girl is a long-time friend). "They've been looking for a house," he said. It was only a matter of time before the guy proposed.

The only weird part of it was being surrounded by clapping and screaming kids, total strangers who happened to be skating then. Regardless, it's fitting for a girl who had her debut at the skating rink. Just not the wedding, dear.

To the newly engaged couple, congrats!

1 comment: