Thursday, February 19, 2009

Not again!

Though I'm pretty busy, I still have some down time... for karaoke! M taught me a way of getting backing tracks. Now I've recorded some showtunes: For Good from Wicked, Astonishing from Little Women (ambitious!) and Start of Something New from HSM (yeah, with Troy). I'm still practicing Good Morning Baltimore from Hairspray and Journey to the Past from Anastasia. And I haven't even tried Part of Your World from Little Mermaid. But I'm hoping to do a duet soon. Anyone up for Come What May from Moulin Rouge?

Uh oh. Oh no.

Listening to myself, I can identify all my vocal problems: lack of power, control, and awareness of tempo. Not bad enough to make it to the freak section of AI but not good enough to make it to Hollywood. Hahaha!

Thank you, ListenToYouTube and Audacity for making this possible. LOL.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that sounds cool! How does one go about getting the backing tracks, by the way? :)

    (Oh, and why not "Defying Gravity" instead? hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. search for backing tracks on YouTube, then use ListenToYouTube to get them as mp3s.

    i don't think i can be a convincing elphaba! :)

    ReplyDelete