Thursday, September 11, 2008

Podcast picks + Cineuropa 11

Addicting additions to my playlist:

John Crace's Digested Read, one of the podcasts of Books from the Guardian is hilarious from start to finish. Could the humor come from the quality of his voice? I wonder.

Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing helps in ways Strunk & White can't. As language evolves, so should our writing.

A Year in Europe with Scott and Sheryl who quit their jobs to spend a very long vacation in the continent. Envious, I dream of taking a busabout trip.

Speaking of Europe, it's that time of the year again! Cine Europa 11 at the Shang Cineplex has five screenings a day starting at 12 noon from September 12 to 21.


Schedules here. Tara, nood tayo!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the podcast picks. Will give them a try when I can.

    Cine Europa again? It's been a while since I've gone. Chansons de Amour is showing, which is what I wanted to watch at the last filmfest at the Shang, but it got pulled at the last minute.

    Which ones are you eyeing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wanted to see that then, too.

    after the wedding and and when did you last see your father, partly out of utang na loob to my host countries last year, partly because i've heard of them. i doubt i'll see both because my sched's tight.

    ReplyDelete