Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hosted 2

Help, I'm held captive! Kidding aside, I thought it was a bit creepy that they still had this lying around.

I applied for another HostUK visit soon after the first one to Caister. On the day of the trip, I overslept and thought I would not make the coach to Derby, but I did. Once again, I observed that the younger coach drivers talk much more than the older ones, who don't bother to deliver their spiel on safety precautions. Our driver Ashley was really funny. I wish I had a recorder. A couple of snippets: "Should things get too hot for comfort, there's a fire extinguisher under my seat." On the use of the hammer: "Revenge is best served when they least expect it. These are my rules, of course. Which explains why I have no friends and I'm a coach driver. Which is a long story."

Maybe it's my luck that whenever I arrive for a visit, the weather is awful. But then the following day would always be great. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Belper home of my host, Viv. We had a great time, ate well, and had good conversations on different topics. And of course, we drove around and saw as much as we could. Viv prepared an excellent timetable, and it couldn't have been better.


No comments:

Post a Comment