Saturday, February 10, 2007

Bright IKEA


Trying to hard to be witty there.

Last week I found a lampstand in the dump. I bought a lightbulb, but it didn't match, so I thought, nevermind, just go to IKEA and find a cheap lamp. I finally got around going to Høje Taastrup and came home with a 59kr(~P500) lamp big enough to be bright and which could use the 60w bulb. I found out that it's exactly what the rooms in Korallen (the new hall where the international students live) have. Now I can do some work nights.

IKEA is like a huge Søstrene Greene, my favorite little store of home stuff in Roskilde. (Or maybe Søstrene Greene is meant to be a tiny version of IKEA. Doesn't matter.) You follow a path that winds around the store and it feels like you see everything. If I had to live here long enough, I'd do major shopping there. But for five months, I see no problem with sticking to the basics. And as of yesterday, I had everything covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment