Thursday, December 7, 2006

Isn't it a bit too early for this?


We went carolling around Islington Wednesday night for the Kenya project. There were just four of us: Ceci, Ana B, Caroline and myself. Mighty cold, even with thinsulate gloves. I learned carols on the run. A lot of doors didn't open, either because the residents didn't want to or they simply weren't at home. But those who did open up were very generous with money and with compliments on our singing. I have a tendency to shove the collection jar in front of the person who opens the door. Imagine an Asian girl with a Santa hat ringing your doorbell and expecting your cash. I wonder if I offended British sensibilities. I will try to be more polite next time!

Photo shows the ice rink at Somerset House.

No comments:

Post a Comment