Sunday, December 10, 2006

"Dippin dots from the sky" and other tales

I usually go to uni by bus, but last week, I wanted to walk. It takes 50 minutes to get to school at a semi-brisk pace along City Road/Pentonville Road/Euston Road (it's like a long road cut up in parts). Last Thursday, I took a different route, via Old Street/Clerkenwell Road/Theobald's Road. Either way, it's roughly a 3km distance.

There was a bit of sun, so I was in no hurry. I passed by an art supplies shop and bought a nylon 0000 brush for detail work. When I reached Southampton Row I saw lightning and heard thunder. Then it started to rain. And then little white pellets fell--my first experience of hail. (The post title is how Indi describes it.) Then the wind blew like mad, making my umbrella turn inside-out twice and sending shop standees crashing as they toppled over. When I reached the institute, the sun came out. The sky was blue. Not a cloud in sight. Incidentally, there was a tornado in northwest London that same day that damaged houses and cars.

I had lunch with Jon at Fire & Stone, Covent Garden. (Maita couldn't make it because she was called in at Harrods.) We talked about the future of the Communication in Ateneo. From the looks of it, there isn't space for us at the department. We walked around the Strand campus of LSE, and from what I saw, Jon is lucky--there are lots of lads at LSE. Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment