Tuesday, July 17, 2012

15+ minutes with Andy and Harry

lotus flower
On the ArtScience Museum pond

On this trip, I caught Harry Potter: The Exhibition and Andy Warhol: 15 Minutes Eternal at the ArtScience Museum. Realizing that everything is expensive in Singapore, I feel less suspicious of the museum now. However, I am still not completely satisfied with their exhibitions. Maybe my expectations are still too high.


It might not be fair to compare Warhol to Dali, but since their exhibits were in the same space, the comparisons are inevitable. ArtScience appeals to the general public, so a full survey of an artist's body of work is broken up into easily digestible pieces. But I think Warhol's persona can stand deeper discussion.


harry potter: the exhibition
The Weasleys' Flying Ford Anglia. Wonder if it's the same one that was stolen and recovered.


By contrast, Harry Potter is definitely for fans only. I do love both the books and the films, so this was quite a treat. Quite expensive, though, for a collection of costumes and props. Tip: if the ticket queue is long, cross over to the box office at the ground floor of the Shoppes at Marina Bay and get your tickets much, much faster.

2 comments:

  1. I'm envious! I want to see the Harry Potter exhibition! I'm a huge fan of the series, but not to the point of dressing up as a wizard lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry, charles! the exhibit will probably tour for a while and come to a city near you. :)

    ReplyDelete