Sunday, July 15, 2012

From Clarke Quay to Boat Quay

Walk with me.
IMG_5947
IMG_5945

From Changi Airport, I took the MRT to Clarke Quay and emerged from Central. Clarke Quay isn't quite the same during the day.

IMG_5948

I crossed the road and turned into Carpenter Street. I take it that this Satchi House doesn't house an ad agency.

IMG_6229

IMG_6231

It's good to see shophouses still in decent condition.

I took a left turn at South Bridge road, crossed the bridge and made a right before Parliament House to say hi to Sir Stamford Raffles.

IMG_5955

Going past the Asian Civilisations Museums (food for another post), I thought about how different the place looks at night. IndoChine without the Spikes Asia After-Party is not as interesting.

IMG_5960

IMG_5956

IMG_6013

IMG_5961

IMG_6023

Crossing Cavenagh Bridge, I headed for the Raffles Place MRT station, passing by this Botero sculpture.

IMG_6025

boat quay

See you again, Boat Quay.

2 comments:

  1. Singapore is an interesting place to visit. I've never been there, but I always wanted to :) Thinking about the food culture there whets my appetite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the great thing about singapore is that it keeps on adding attractions. food is a bit tricky as you need to know where to eat. there are a lot of similarities with malaysian cuisine, but of course the malaysians swear that the food is better in malaysia.

    ReplyDelete